Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Harvest Festival Cake Walk Winner

Well, I didn't really win, but I felt like I did. I made a cool "eye" cake for Jada's school carnival, and it was one of the first one's chosen. Jada and I were both excited to see that it was picked, but Jada mentioned that she was dissappointed that she didn't have the opportunity to win it now. I was happy it had such a good reception with the kids, I thought some people might find it a bit to early for the full-on gruesomness of Halloween, but I guess all of October anything and everything ghoulish and gross goes. Hopefully the cake didn't taste gross though.
I totally forgot to take a picture of it before I turned it over to the cake-walk commity, so if I make it again before the month is up, I will take a picture of that one to impress you all with my mad cake decorationg skills.
I had a sleep over with my Miamaid class on Friday. We focused on the Book of Mormon, and though we didn't read alot of it, we had some really good conversations about the chapters we did read. And I made some awesome chocolate and cinnamon chip pancakes in the morning with some brownsugar honey sausage. It was delicious! Everyone loved it. Though I am not a great cook, I do feel good every once in a while to know I am not a terrible cook!
This week I am looking forward to my BFF Britany to come visit me in my humble home. We gotta find a place to Karaoke around here, and let loose for a night. Anyone know of a good place in the Seattle area?
Posted up a links list on the side of my blog, I'll add more as I remember my favorite links.

No comments:

Post a Comment