Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mommy/daughter date

Jada wanted to go to the mall to day and have lunch, so after a few errands, Colata and Gabe dropped us off at Northgate Mall and we ate a late lunch at Azteca. (I had chicken mole, it wasn't as good as the time I had it at this family owned mexican restaraunt).
Anyway, after that we walked along and saw a store called "Lids" and Colata has been talking about wanting a LA Dodgers all white baseball cap so I went in there and bought it for him.
Then we were walking along and talking about Jada getting her ears pierced, and at first she didn't want to because she was afraid it was going to hurt. In the middle of all this I was accosted by an Israeli who was selling a hand buffing set with "minerals from the red sea". I am a sucker and ended up buying it. But, I thought because Jada loves to do manicures and pedicures it was something we could do together frequently (thus going along with today's theme of mommies and daughters). We finally made it to Claire's, and after walking around, Jada finally decided she would try to get her ears pierced. This only happened because she kept asking me to buy some freaky looking stuffed animal, and I kept refusing, and when she wouldn't stop, I said "The only thing I'll get for you in this store is your ear's pierced" She must have stewed on it a bit, but I was totally thinking she would not do it, when she started asking me "what does it feel like?" and so I would give her ear a little pinch, she then replied "That doesn't hurt very much" so then I said it would probably hurt more than that but not it wouldn't hurt for a long time, just a second.
She looked at the earrings and found some she liked, then she said she wanted to get them pierced. I didn't want to hesitate and make her change her mind, so we started the process, I signed papers and Jada was watching the assistant manager very closely as she was sterilizing the counter surface and pulling out the earring guns. She asked lots of questions such as "What does that do? and Why are you doing that?" When the asst. manager took the alcohol swab to her ear, her shoulders went up and she got really tight. I just said, "relax, it's just the swab cleaning your ear" Then the asst. manager took forever trying to get the pen dots on her ear to be symmetrical. Finally it was time for the piercing. The first one went through and Jada's eyes got really big and she said "That hurts a lot!" But she didn't cry, when the second one went in she was more tense because she knew what was going to happen and I think it hurt a little more for her because of that, but she never cried. She got to pick out two sets of earrings to wear when her 8 weeks is up, and she is really excited about it.
I just love my daughter, and she is so beautiful and fun and I am so happy when I get to spend some time with her just like this. Here are some photos of our day and the last one is a video.






No comments:

Post a Comment