Saturday, September 26, 2009

Student of the week!

This week has been a busy one. But first things first. My daughter, Jada, got student of the week. She was so proud because she was the first one chosen for her grade for the year. It was during the school assembly, so she was recognized in front of the whole school. When she sat back down with her class, one of her classmates was crying and when she asked him what's wrong he said "I hate you, I wanted to get that award", he then stuck out his tongue at her. Luckily, she thought this episode with her friend was rather funny, and so her feelings weren't hurt.
We also had a dinner reunion with some friends from Fiji. They all were couple missionaries in the Suva, Fiji Temple. It was so great to catch up with them and talk about the love we have for Fiji . One of the wives said, " I think we all agree that Fiji is the place that we have loved to serve the Lord the most" (Most of them have served several missions.) When I asked her, "Why?" Her response was that it had everything to do with the people. So loving, and willing to serve, and kind and generous. I am in total agreement, and am lucky that I got to marry one of these loving, kind, generous, people.
We also were responsible for making a Fijian feast for the opening Institute activity at UW. It took a lot of time and many people's combined cooking efforts, but the feast was a hit, and we were even given the compliment that it was one of the best dinners that they ever had.
All the other things that kept me busy aren't very exciting, so I'll skip the narrative on it. I am just happy that I have a couple of days to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment