Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first 5k this Saturday.

So in keeping up with my goals for the year, I entered into a 5k race to help me stick to my daily exercise. I am a little nervous because I don't think I have competed/ran/ thought about/ a race since I was 8 years old. To prepare for this momentous occasion in my life I looked up some running websites that help someone like me train for a 5k. In fact, I think the one I have been following is called "the couch to 5k" or something similiar. I modify it a bit so it works for me, but so far, it has. I have already improved my time alot just in the past week and a half of doing it, and I am feeling pretty good. I am not going to push myself too hard on Saturday, as I know running on a treadmill is completely different than running on real turf with differnt kinds of inclines/declines and smooth/rough terrain.
I really hope it's not pouring out. I want the sun to be on my face, I think it will help my experience be great if the sun is out, well, it will at least make my mood better to begin with.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment