Saturday, January 16, 2010

Finished my first 5k.

Wow. It was hard. But I feel really good for accomplishing this goal. I ran my first 5k in 38mins and 35 sec. When I say "ran" I mean jogged/walked. I did it in intervals, just trying to keep myself going the whole time. It was cold and foggy around Lake Washington, but as I started on my second lap, the fog began to lift, and you could see the beautiful lake. I am all set to sign myself up for next month's 5k, and hope to be able to improve my time. Maybe by then I will be able to run (jog) the whole thing without stopping. So that's my next goal. Not necessarily to have a better time (though, that would be nice) but to keep my feet going at the same pace the whole time. The next event is February 13th. That's about 4 weeks away.
I also know that now, I need to implement some incline changes into my treadmill routine so that it resembles more closely a real race trail. Thanks to the Skyline Running Club for setting up the event at Magnuson Park in Seattle, Wa. There was something for everyone (kids, animal lovers, runner's with strollers etc) and it was well organized and friendly. Here is the link for anyone out there looking for a friendly and fun event for all levels of runners http://www.magnusonseries.org/
Can't wait for next months run.

No comments:

Post a Comment