Saturday, March 20, 2010

3rd times a charm... almost!

Today I finished my 3rd 5k race with a Personal Record of 34:32 seconds. That's an 11:08 minute mile for all of you who were wondering. I almost ran the whole way, but stopped to walk once on a hill that I just thought I wouldn't be able to get up without wasting all of my energy for the rest of the race. So close, but not quite reaching my goal of running the whole race all the way through. I would say I'll do it next month, but I am not sure if I am running a 5k in April or will be doing the special Earth Day half marathon. I am still debating myself on this one. On one hand, being able to say I did a "half-marathon" is really cool. On the other hand, I doubt I can run it the whole way, and walking/running it off and on, it will take me over two hours to finish the race, probably closer to three.
For now though, I will keep my training up, and try to work on endurance levels, so that I can work my way to feeling more confident about competing in a race that is 13.2 miles long...

No comments:

Post a Comment