Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh my aching feet!

So last week after my 3rd 5k, I have challenged myself to take on the idea of doing the Earth Day Half Marathon on April 20th. This week I have been focusing on increasing miles I log in. I hope to log in at least 10 miles before the race in a day. This week, I have logged in a total of about 27 miles, and 8.5 miles came from my exercise today. My feet are really sore, and I added a blister here and there, but I am trying to work my way through the discomfort "walls" that I encounter as I have been pushing myself harder to increase my stamina. I have been icing my ankles, as they seem to feel the most distress and pain from my increased efforts (which makes sense, because the left ankle I sprained really bad about a year ago, and the right ankle I sprained a few years before that, and they seem to still be rather weak).

I must say that I am quite proud of this small accomplishment. A year ago, I would have given up after my first blister, and now, I am motivated to keep going despite the blister. It's the little things on this journey of health, wellness and weightloss that are making be happy and content with myself. It's the little victories that I find that keep me up beat and satisfied with my progress. I think in the past I used to be so caught up in success = weightloss, but now, I am finding I am loving it when success=portion control, or success=not bingeing, or success=running 3 5k's in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment