Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good Books

Just read two fabulous books while I've had some down time this week. The first one is called the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Absolutely great read. Good story and characters. Funny, charming and with a little pinch of love thrown in. It is actually about the people of Guernsey Island after their German Occupation in WWII. I have always loved reading stories about survivors of WWII, but though it has some heart-wrenching moments, it is not a heavy book. Very easy read, as the chapters are broken down into letters, so you don't have to have lots of time to sit and read.
The other book that I read is called "the Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. It's the first in a trilogy and I read it in half a day. I couldn't put it down. It is kinda post-apocalyptic set in the future type book. But I loved it. A little violent, as the characters are supposed to kill each other, but makes you think. I just read on the Internet that the second book in the trilogy was release Sept. 2009, so I placed the book on hold and am the 398 person out of 100 copies or something like that. Lets hope that everyone is a quick reader and sends the book back right after their done! I can't wait to read more.

2 comments:

  1. You should read "The Book Thief"

    at least that's what I think it's called...

    I really liked it. I can't believe I can't remember the title...although I'm 80% sure that is the title...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do that I am always looking for new good books to read.

    ReplyDelete